Problems logging in
If your account is connected to Facebook, you just need to select LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK (make sure you’re logged into the correct Facebook account on the device).
Tip: If you need to change or reset your password, this must be done through your Facebook settings.
Closed or deactivated Facebook?
If you signed up to Spotify with Facebook and you close or deactivate that Facebook account, you won’t be able to log in to Spotify.
- Cancel any existing Premium subscriptions (you can resubscribe on your new account).
- If you’d like to keep the email address of the Facebook account on your new Spotify account, you first need to close your original Spotify account.
- You’ll lose any saved music, playlists, and followers from the original account. You can always save, create, and follow any content again with your new account.
I don't remember my username
We’re currently changing our sign up process, so you now don’t need to remember your username to log in. You can instead access your account with your email address and password.
I don’t remember my email address
- Search your email inboxes (including spam and junk folders) for any emails from Spotify. If you find one, it’s likely that email address is registered on your account.
- Jog your memory with our password reset form:
- Go to our password reset form and enter any email addresses you might have used to create an account.
- If there isn’t an account associated with the details you enter, we’ll let you know immediately so you can try another.
- When you've entered an email address that is asssociated with an account, you'll receive a message saying we've sent you an email to reset your password. If you remember your password, you can ignore the email.
I don’t remember my password
- Enter your email address into our password reset form. If you don’t receive the password reset email, check your spam/junk folders.
Tip: If you no longer have access to the registered email address, you need to create a new account.
Password reset not working?
If you receive the message “password reset link is not valid, or already used” try submitting for a new reset link and, without clicking the link, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser.
- Open a private session.
- Go to your password reset email and, without clicking it, copy and paste the url into the address bar of the private session window you just opened.
Note: If you accidentally click the link before you do this, you’ll have to send for a new one.
- Press Enter and continue.
If you log in but don’t see what you’re expecting (Premium subscription, playlists, saved music, etc.), you might be logged into the wrong account.
Check to see if you have another account.