How can we help you?
Account & Payment
You can make any playlist public so it shows on your profile, or you can make it secret to hide from your profile.
Pick your device to learn how.
Note: Any playlists you make secret that you share are visible to the recipients. They can share, play, and follow the playlists which will then appear on the profiles of those who follow them. If you’ve set the playlist to be collaborative, any recipient can also edit the playlist.
1. Right-click the playlist.
2. Select Make Public to show it on your profile, or select Make Secret to hide it from your profile.
- Tap (iOS), or (Android) at the top of the playlist.
- Select Make Public to show it on your profile, or select Make Secret to hide it from your profile.
For Spotify free, you can change the privacy settings with the 'Desktop and web player' steps in the section above.
Select your default setting
Playlists you create are made public by default, but you can switch this setting off/on anytime.
Note: Desktop app required.
- Click in the top-right corner of the desktop app.
- Select Settings.
- Under Social, switch off/on Automatically make new playlists public.
Last updated: 23 July, 2020