How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Can't play Spotify
Here are some common fixes for any issues with the app:
- Restart the Spotify app
- Log out and back in
- Make sure the app is up-to-date
- Close any other apps you’re not using
- Reinstall the app
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any ongoing issues
Tip: For issues with the sound or volume, see Can’t hear Spotify.
Is it your device?
See if the issue happens on a different device, or with the web player. If it doesn’t, it could be an issue with your device:
- Check your device is supported and up to date
- Your device should have at least 250MB available memory
- If you’re listening on desktop, check your firewall isn’t blocking Spotify
You may need to perform further troubleshooting with the device's manufacturer.
Last updated: 15 April, 2021
Was this article helpful?