I want to use Spotify without Facebook
If you’d like to disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook, just follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- In the top-right corner, click > Settings.
- Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.
Don’t see this option?
This means you created your account with Facebook, and therefore it’s not possible to disconnect from it. In this case, you need to switch to a new account.
Things to remember before switching to a new account
- If your current account is on a Premium subscription, you need to cancel it and resubscribe on your new account.
Note: If you cancel the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
- If you’re switching to a new account on desktop, make sure you sign out everywhere. Otherwise, we won’t recognise that you need a new account.
- It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your current account, you need to close it.
Tip: If you’re switching to a new Spotify account with a new Facebook account, you need to be logged into that Facebook account on your device before signing up.
Already deactivated Facebook?
If you created your account with Facebook, and have already deactivated that Facebook account, you are unable to log in.
In order to complete the steps above, we recommend temporarily reactivating Facebook so you can access the original Spotify account created with it. You can deactivate it again once you’ve cancelled any subscriptions and closed the original account. Alternatively, you can contact us to complete those steps for you.