Spotify has joined forces with Genius to give you the story behind the song.
Note: This feature is currently only available in English, on select songs and playlists.
- See key lyrics of many of your favorite tracks as they’re sung (or rapped, or screamed).
- Get behind the scenes info, including what inspired the lyrics and facts about the song.
- Start playing music.
- Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to see the song’s lyrics and their story!
Note: If you don’t see it, the lyrics/story aren’t available for that song. New lyrics and stories are added to Genius every day, so you may find it added in the future.
How else can I see lyrics?
You can download the SoundHound app!
- Download the SoundHound app and open it.
- Search for a track, or tap to detect any song that’s playing out loud.
- The lyrics display on the song page. They even scroll along with the music, so you can sing along!
Tip: With SoundHound you can automatically add detected songs to a Spotify playlist. Just connect your Spotify account in SoundHound’s settings, then enable Auto-add to Spotify.