Why have I been charged?
Our Premium subscriptions roll on a monthly basis, so payments are set up to come out automatically each month. You can cancel any time.
Check the details of your subscription with these steps:
- Log in to your account page.
- Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
Tip: Forgotten your login details? Find out how to log in.
If you think your details have been used by an unauthorized party:
- Go to our contact form.
- Select Subscription, then Other.
- Click I STILL NEED HELP.
- Select Premium as your type of subscription.
- Under Your Spotify username or Facebook login, enter "unknown".
- Under Your email address (registered to your Spotify account), enter the email address you'd like to be contacted on.
- Fill out the other details and submit.
I got a free trial but I was charged.
Note: If you don’t meet an offer’s eligibility criteria, you may be charged full price at sign up. Be sure to check the terms and conditions for the offer.
I bought Premium but my account’s on Free.
It’s possible you bought Premium on another account. Check out how to find any other accounts.
You can also check Why isn’t my Premium subscription working?
I’ve been charged double (or more) in the same month.
- You might be paying for more than one account. Learn how to find and cancel any other accounts.
- The payment might have been unsuccessful, but appeared on your statement anyway. If we’re unable to process the payment, the funds will reappear on your statement soon. This is all part of your bank/credit card’s authorization process. You can reach out to them for more information.
Note: You may see multiple charges like this if you tried the payment multiple times.
Example: If you sign up to the student discount but we can’t verify your student status, you might be notified of a charge but because the signup wasn’t successful, no money will be taken.
- If you’ve recently upgraded from Premium to Premium for Family your renewal date may come earlier than usual, possibly in the same month as your previous payment. This is because of the price difference between the two subscriptions.
I didn’t update my payment details, but it’s charging my new card.
If you’re with VISA or MasterCard, they provide a service called Account Updater which updates card information so there’s no disruption to your services when you get a new card.
For details, please contact the card provider or the bank who issued your card.
Note: If you subscribed to Premium with one of our partners (e.g. with your internet/mobile provider), we recommend reaching out to them directly for any payment questions.