I want to use Spotify without Facebook
To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- In the top-right corner, click , then Settings.
- Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.
Don’t see this option?
This means you created your account with Facebook, so you first need to add a Spotify password:
- Go to our password reset form.
- Enter the email address registered to your Facebook account.
- Continue through the steps to create a password for the account.
Tip: If the password reset doesn’t work, get help here.
Once you have a Spotify password, you can then disconnect Facebook with the steps above.
Note: If you disconnect Facebook, your Spotify account will no longer display your profile name - it will show your username instead.