Spotify in the car
Take your favorite music and podcasts along for the ride.
Use any of these to connect your phone to your car:
Also, many car media systems offer a Spotify app built into the stereo.
For compatible devices, check with the manufacturer.
- Make sure your app and devices’ software are up-to-date
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet
- Restart the app
- Restart your car (by turning the ignition off then on again)
- If possible, delete the Spotify app then reinstall it
If your AUX or USB cable isn't working:
- Make sure it's the correct cable for your device
- Try a different one in case it's damaged
If the problem persists, reach out to your car/stereo manufacturer for further help.
For your safety
Only use your mobile device when allowed by law and when conditions permit safe use.
Set up Spotify before you drive and avoid interacting with your device while the car is in motion.
Car mode automatically switches on when you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth.
You get larger icons in Home view and can easily tap the playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
Search and play with voice control
- Tap the microphone .
- Say "Hey Spotify" to ask for music and podcasts, control what plays, and more.
Switch Car mode off
To return to the normal app view, tap .
To disable Car mode:
- Tap Home .
- Tap Settings .
- Under Car mode, switch Start car mode automatically off.
Was this article helpful?