How can we help you?
Can't play Spotify
Here are some common fixes for any issues with the app:
- Restart the Spotify app
- Log out and back in
- Make sure the app is up-to-date
- Close any other apps you’re not using
- Reinstall the app
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any ongoing issues
Tip: For issues with the sound or volume, see Can’t hear Spotify.
Is it your device?
See if the issue happens on a different device, or with the web player. If it doesn’t, it could be an issue with your device:
- Check your device is supported and up to date
- Your device should have at least 250MB available memory
- If you’re listening on desktop, check your firewall isn’t blocking Spotify
You may need to perform further troubleshooting with the device's manufacturer.
Are others having the same issue?
Use our Community’s Ongoing Issues board to check if anyone else has experienced your issue and shared updates or solutions for it.
If you don’t find your issue there, you can post about it and get the help of our tech savvy Community members.
Last updated: 29 April, 2021
Was this article helpful?