I can't find something on Spotify
Note: If you’re looking for something you downloaded for offline listening, check out I need help with my downloads.
Can’t find specific music or podcast?
We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.
We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.
Can’t find something you saved?
If you can’t find something you liked or followed in Your Library, here are some possible reasons why:
- Liking an album doesn’t automatically like all its songs. If you want to like all songs in an album, tap / on the album, then Like All Songs.
- Liking a song doesn’t add the song’s album or artist to Your Library, but will make its album/artist more likely to appear in Recommended under Artists and Albums in Your Library.
- If you can’t find a playlist you saved, the creator of that playlist may have deleted it or closed their account, meaning it’s no longer available.
- Check you haven’t accidentally hidden something with a filter.
- Have you hit the 10,000 liked songs limit? If you have, a warning message will notify you. You can free up space by unliking songs or moving them to another playlist.
- You need an active internet connection to add something to Your Library. Check your internet connection and try saving it again.
Still need help?
If you can’t find anything you’ve liked or followed in Your Library, it’s possible you’ve logged into the wrong account.
Try logging out and back in with any other email addresses you have. If you’re unable to log in to another account, check out problems logging in.
If you’re worried someone has gained access to your account, get help here.
This means the content is no longer available. This can happen if licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Hopefully it will reappear soon.