There are 2 ways to shuffle.
Shuffle any playlist, album, or artist profile to mix up what plays next.
For: Mobile (Premium only)
When you shuffle any playlist, album, or artist, we’ll also add songs we think will go well with them.
You can listen with or without Shuffle or Smart Shuffle.
- Go to the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen or open any of your playlists.
Note: On tablet, tap the album artwork in the side menu.
- Look for the Shuffle symbol and tap it.
- Shuffle is off - tracks play in order
- Shuffle is on - tracks play randomly
- Smart Shuffle is on - tracks and personalized recommendations play randomly
Don't have Premium?
If you’re on our free service, you can only shuffle music except on certain Spotify playlists such as those made for you.
Upgrade to Premium to have full control over listening.
Was this article helpful?