How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Voice control your tunes with Google Assistant.
Link Spotify to Google Assistant
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi as your Google device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap Account in the top-right.
- Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Back on the home screen, tap + in the top-left, then Music and audio.
- Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
Note: If you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one at this point. Afterwards, you’ll need to start the account link process from the beginning.
You can now ask Google Assistant to play music (“Ok Google, play Spotify”).
Last updated: 10 July, 2020
Was this article helpful?