Easily create stations for the music you love, all for free. The more you listen, the better Stations gets to know you.
Note: Although you don't need the main Spotify app to use Stations, you must at least have a Spotify account to use it. If you don’t already have one, you can create one when you open Stations.
- Head to the App Store on iOS, or the Google Play store on Android.
- Download and open Spotify Stations.
- Log in to an existing Spotify account or, if you’re new to Spotify, tap SIGN UP.
- Enjoy the music! Scroll up or down to change the station and unlock personalized stations based on your listening, such as Favorites, Discover Weekly, and Release Radar.
Yep! This is because Stations uses your Spotify account to access the app. If you don’t already have a Spotify account, just tap SIGN UP when you open Stations.
Yes, but it’s different from playlists on Spotify. With Stations, playlists are created through your listening habits.
Simply tell us what you love by tapping on any track, or what you don’t like with , and we'll adjust your station to play something similar.
Tip: Tap on at least 15 tracks and you'll unlock a personalized playlist called Favorites, which is a collection of all the songs you love!
Nope! But if you do have Spotify Premium, you'll get ad-free music listening and unlimited skips.
There are a range of ways you can personalize your stations.
To replace a station you don’t like with a new one:
- Swipe left on the station name and tap REMOVE.
- Tap +Add Stations in the top-left corner, then choose to either Create an artist station or Browse genre & mood stations.
When a station is playing you can modify it to better match your taste by tapping the station name to open the Station Detail screen. Here you can:
- Rename the station.
- Add/remove artists (for artist stations).
- Switch Include similar artists on/off.
- Choose to remove the station.
And remember to tap and on any track to let us know what you like and what you don’t so it continues to improve.