Spotify Connect troubleshooting
If Spotify Connect isn’t working for you, check:
- All devices are fully up-to-date.
- You’re rocking the latest version of Spotify.
- Your device is supported. You can check this at spotifygear.com or with the device’s manufacturer.
- @SpotifyStatus. We post here about any system issues.
It’s also worth ensuring both devices are on the same WiFi network. This is only needed the first time you use Spotify Connect with them, however it may help as an extra troubleshooting step.
Note: Local files can’t be played with Spotify Connect.
If you’re still having trouble after those checks, these steps can help:
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Close any other apps you’re not using.
- Restart your devices.
- Restart your WiFi.
- If possible, try a different WiFi connection.
You can also try switching off the Show local devices only setting. This means your app will try to find nearby devices that aren’t on the same internet connection as you. Here's how:
Note: This setting is only available on mobile and tablet devices.
- Open the Spotify app on a mobile or tablet.
- Tap Your Library in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings .
- Find Show local devices only under Devices.
- Switch it off and try Connect again.
If the problem persists, you may need to perform further troubleshooting on your device or WiFi connection. Check out the support sites for the service provider / manufacturer for help.
You can also try these alternative ways to play Spotify on different devices: