Take your music and podcasts anywhere your internet can't go.
- On Premium, you can download albums, playlists, and podcasts.
- On free version, you can only download podcasts.
- You can download as many as 10,000 tracks on each of up to 5 different devices.
- You need to go online at least once every 30 days to keep your downloads. This is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists.
How to download
- Make sure your internet connection is active
- Make sure you have enough storage space
Tip: We recommend at least 1GB free memory
- Make sure you didn't reach the 5 devices limit
- Turn off any cache clearing/battery-saving apps
- Restart the app
- Reinstall the app
Note: You need to re-download any downloaded music and podcasts after reinstalling the app.
Switch on Offline Mode
Downloads play automatically when you lose internet, but you can use Offline Mode to make sure only your downloads play.
Track, playlist, or podcast not downloaded anymore?
You might lose your downloads if:
- You don’t go online at least once in 30 days
- You reinstall the app
- You download to more than 5 devices
Note: Downloads are removed from the device you’ve used least recently.
- Your Spotify app is not up-to-date
- Your SD card (if you have one) is not working properly
Remove all downloads from your mobile device
- Tap Settings .
- Go to Storage.
- Select Remove all downloads.
Manually remove downloads
- Open Your Library.
- Mobile only: Tap Downloaded.
- Open a downloaded album or playlist you want to remove.
- Tap the green arrow button .
- Mobile only: Tap Remove.
Was this article helpful?